Thursday, February 12, 2015

I'm back?

Well, it's been almost 2 years since I've used this blog.  It's a shame really.  When I used this it really helped me stay on track.  I can't exactly pin point when and why I stopped using this blog for my health journey, and I can't explain why I stopped my healthy lifestyle all together.  I look back on it now and it's quite disappointing.  I was going so strong and doing so well.  I lost over 30 lbs.  I was almost halfway to my goal weight.  I was much healthier.  My aches and pains were going away.

Like I said I can't quite pin point why I stopped.  I have a lot of different excuses and ideas but I don't need to get into all of that.

Recently I was dealt a blow that I was not prepared for, and took quite hard.  It took a toll on me.  I wasn't in a dangerous place mentally but I was in a VERY unmotivated state.  I slept too much.  I ate too much.  I was not active at all.  I gained a lot of weight.

I recognize now that this is not the way to live.  I need to snap out of it.  I need to let go of my anger and my sorrow.  I need to flip that switch and finally accept it.  I need to start living life again.  I need to start making every day matter.  I need to stop just making it through.  My kids and husband deserve better than that.  I deserve better than that.

My cousin is involved in a health challenge for February.  I decided to take advantage of this challenge and use it to help kick start my healthy life again.  I haven't started off strong.  But I'm slowly getting a plan in place.  I'm slowly starting to get excited.  I'm slowly getting to where I need to be mentally.  Just like how I was two years ago when I was so strong.

I'm going to start utilizing this blog more.  I think I might even start the video posts as well (maybe).  It's time to get back on track.  It's time to stop standing still.

No comments:

Post a Comment