Saturday, May 4, 2013

Aaaand I'm Back!

Well as you all know I haven't been posting.  I've had a couple of people call me out on it (thanks Mom and Steph!) reminding me of the whole reason why I started this blog.   I started this for accountability.  I wanted to hold myself accountable as well as have other people, you, hold me accountable.  It took me a long time to write this post because I don't want to write it.  I don't want to admit in public that I've messed up.  Nobody likes to admit in public that they've messed up.  So this post is hard to write for me.  I've had to swallow my pride.  I owe myself this much.  I owe the people who read this blog this much.  Like I said...I messed up.  For some reason the I cannot remember I stopped being healthy.  I don't know if it's because I became happy with where I was at, or because I lost site of my goal, or because I let my usual vices take over.  I don't know what the reason or excuse is.  As we all know I'm very good at talking myself out of working out and eating properly.

So if you check my archives of this blog you can see that the last time I posted anything was in January.  I'm ashamed to admit what I've been doing to myself since then... In short, I stopped working out everyday and the word "Atkins" had left my vocabulary.  My days were full of laziness and a lot of fast food and sugar.  I spent the last 4 months telling myself "I'll start again tomorrow".  Yeah, tomorrow turned into a week and then into months.  Now we're almost near summer and not only have a lot of my old symptoms come back (bad sleep, achy knees, etc) I've gained back a lot of what I lost in the last year. Ugh, I hate writing this.  It stinks to admit it but at the same time I have to.  I can't move forward until I get this out in the open.

So yeah...That's what's been going on.  I've been the opposite of what I'm striving to be for the last few months.  I've undone a lot of the hard work I put into this.  So what's my next step?  Get off my bum and get back in the game.  I've written before all about the mental game.  Well, it's more of a war with me.  I've won a few battles but I've definitely lost quite of few of my recent battles.  All I can do now is brush myself off and start over again.  I know I've messed up.  I really appreciate my mom and my sister calling me out.  It got me back into it.  I also really appreciate my friend and mentor, Tricia, for pretty much giving me the swift kick in the rear that I needed.

I'm ready to get back into it.  Believe me!  I've noticed the differences in myself and I do NOT like it.  I have to change it.  I have a plan.  Stay tuned, and thanks for sticking with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment