Monday, January 14, 2013

I did it!

So day 1 of my new refreshed game plan and I actually got my bum out of bed!  Woo Hoo!  It actually wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be.   I think one of the biggest helps this morning was the fact that I was excited and looking forward to the morning.  That is a rare attitude from me.  I'm by no means a morning person.  I love my sleep, I love being all cozy and warm in my bed.  My mind wasn't on that though.  It was focused on doing what I said I was going to do.   I had a couple of tricks that I used to help me get up and actually work out today.

Ok, my drink doesn't
quite look like that
Drink ICE COLD Lemon Water, or Lemonade.
    • I have never liked lemon water.  To me it just tastes like water down lemonade.  Last night I fill a cup of lemonade and I froze it.  When I went to bed I took the frozen drink out and put next to me so it was easy to get first thing in the morning.  The drink melted into the night but it was still quite cold in the morning.  
    • For me it worked because of the elements.  With the drink being ice cold it makes for a quick jolt out of the grogginess.  The lemon adds some zing.  The sour taste makes for quite an awaking.  Normally the drink of choice in the morning is tea, or coffee, or cocoa.  In short it's normally something hot and/or warm and quite comforting.  Drinking the exact opposite definitely wakes up the senses quickly.
I wish my clothes were as comfy
as these clothes look!
Go to bed wearing workout clothes.
    • Ok so some people out there may find this strange.  However, I argue that if it's comfortable and doesn't disrupt your sleep then do it.  I went to bed wearing my entire outfit (except shoes), sports bra and all.  It wasn't too uncomfortable.  Going to bed wearing my workout clothes made one less excuse to make in the morning to avoid working out.
    • As soon as you get out of bed put your workout shoes on.  Anyone will find it hard to avoid working out first thing in the morning if they are already dressed and have their shoes on.
Brush your teeth.
    • This is nothing new.  Everyone should brush their teeth first thing in the morning.  I just wanted to add it because the cold water and the toothpaste are great ways to wake yourself up.





I did all of these today.  It made for waking up very easy.  I got my workout in and I even had time left over to myself before the kiddos woke up.  I'm not saying these tricks are fool-proof, only time will tell.  It also helps I'm coming off of a 3-day weekend.  We shall see how I do when I'm coming off of a 6-day work week.  Either way I'm proud of myself for getting started today.  Let's see what kind of streak I can get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment