Saturday, January 12, 2013

Me, Myself, and I

There are a lot of things I've begun to lack in.  The number one thing is my workouts.  When I first started I was working out everyday.  In fact, I focused so much on the workout that I wasn't paying attention to my eating.  When I first started last April I focused first on the workouts.  I was working out everyday.  It was really hard to do.  After I got into the habit of working out everyday I started focusing on my eating.  Apparently I'm great at multi-tasking at work and with kids but I can't seem to eat right and workout everyday.  It's almost a complete either/or situation.

I need to re-focus my workouts.  As it turns out, I am unable to get to as many Zumba live classes as I would like to.  If I could get to a live class everyday then I am certain I would reach my goal ahead of schedule.  Live Zumba classes just give so much.  There's of course the workout and calorie burning, but there is also the support, fellowship, and it's so much fun.  Like I said though I can't get to as many classes as I would like.  So it's up to me.  I need to motivate myself to workout everyday.  Getting to a class was enough motivation for me.  Now I must depend on myself to continue the workouts.  Through this process I've learned that I could eat as clean as possible but without being active I don't get much accomplished.  When I add being active to my clean eating the possibilities of weight loss and healthiness are endless.

It's disappointing I can't make it to as many classes.  I do love them so much.  The problem is that there are numerous mornings I don't have the car because the Mr. has to go to work.  There are other mornings where I do have the car but my kids are too young to behave so I can get a good workout in.  Plus, I would feel bad if my kids would distract the other ladies at class.  I haven't found anywhere in the area that has childcare provided on a basis that would work for me.  I'm not asking for solutions or pity really, I'm just explaining my status.

It's really not that big of deal.  I just need to force myself to do it at home.  I hate mornings but they are the best time to get my workout while the kiddos are still sleeping.  I not only need to come up with a plan to motivate myself to workout but I also have to motivate myself to get my bum out of bed (which we all know I struggle with).

I've come too far to stop.  I haven't even reached the halfway mark.  I'm pretty darn close though.  I'm newly motivated and excited.  I need to learn to depend on myself to succeed.  I love my live Zumba classes but I can't depend on someone else, it's up to me to succeed.  The people I meet in class and my instructors have and will help me always and I will forever be grateful to them.  However, in the end it is up to me.  I have to do it.

So here are some of my plans/schedule:

  1. Go to bed already dressed in workout clothes.
  2. When I wake up the first thing I do is drink ice cold lemon water.  The cold and sour taste will surely give me the zip I need to wake up.
  3. Then of course brush my teeth.  Who doesn't wake up after brushing their teeth?
  4. After I take child to school, I WORK OUT.

Light Pink = Live Zumba class unless I am scheduled to work
Light Red = 1 hr Zumba DVD
Light Blue = 20 minute intense tone/ab workout, these can be skipped every other day if necessary
Light Yellow = Live Zumba class only if I am not scheduled to work and husband doesn't work (so these will be few and far between).

Well here's the plan.  I can't wait to see Monday.  I'm going to hit the ground running.  I'm going to re-stock my food supply, get my bum out of bed, and get HEALTHY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment