Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Not M.I.A, I promise!

Phew!  Well that was an interesting last couple of weeks.  I know I haven't posted since October 5th.  That's a long time.  Well believe it or not but I was sick (and the rest of the family) for that long.  It was so miserable.  I think what was the worst about it was that I wasn't prepared.  I had no idea how hard it was going to be to make good food choices, and exercise all while being sick.

Needless to say I strayed while I was sick.  All I wanted was food that was hot.  I didn't want to eat any food that was cold.  I also didn't want to cook.  So I ate a lot of bad foods.  Pizza, french fries, etc.  Then I so foolishly ate some real sugar.  When I put any form of sugar in my mouth I go into a crazy food frenzy.  I think that I can argue that certain foods really are addicting.  People say all it takes for alcoholics to fall off the wagon is one drink.  I can honestly say that that is the case for me when it comes to certain foods.  What's even scarier is that when I eat like this I can't stop.  When I eat properly I often forget to eat because I'm not hungry.  When I eat horrible junk food it's like I can't get enough.

So the first week of this sickness, I didn't lose any weight.  Ok so not so bad.  I can live with that.

The second week, I was finally getting over this sickness...I have been back on my eating plan and have been working out again (2 days to be exact) and I lost 1 pound.  Score!

Ok so it's not a lot.  It could have been better.  The key is that I am losing.  I am not gaining.  It's slowed down quite a bit.  But the fact that I could go almost 2 weeks of not working out and eating badly yet still manage to lose 1 pound is a good sign.  It's a sign that my metabolism is starting to get back to where it should be. 

When I was in high school I ate.  I ate a lot.  I ate a lot of BAD food.  I was active though.  I played sports, I rode my bike a lot, and I walked everywhere.  I have a good metabolism.  I believe it's genetic.  Just look at my mom and dad, or any of my siblings.  We have to work to stay fit but we can be fit.

This is a good sign.  Now it's time to ramp up my workouts.  I am going to try to start going to Zumba classes 3 times a week, and I'm going to start adding workouts for my core.  I'm not sick anymore.  Time to get back on the wagon.  I've written so many of these posts - on the wagon, off the wagon.  I'm going to keep working hard and avoid writing anymore of these posts. Trillionth times the charm right?  Wish me luck, again!

No comments:

Post a Comment