Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sugar Is My Kryptonite

Whether it be real sugar, or some kind of sweetener like Stevia or Splenda it is definitely my kryptonite.  All it takes is a small taste of any form of sugar and I become non-stop.  You know how when the Hulk gets all mad and smashes stuff?  "Hulk SMASH"...yeah I'm more like "Cec EAT!".  Ok lame analogy but I just got done watching the Avengers (which is an awesome movie by the way).  I've mentioned this so many times before.  I've known it for a while.  I cannot eat any kind of sugar.  I can't even do diet drinks.  It causes me to crave all kinds of sugary AND salty foods like nothing else.  It really is my biggest weakness.

I need a plan.  I think I need to stop eating every form of sugar.  Splenda is no different to me.  It also causes me to crave.  I will continue to eat my vegetables.  Those natural forms of sugar found in veggies do not cause me to crave.  It's the diet drinks, the sugar free jello or candy, any thing like that that causes me to stray.  I need to get rid of all of it.

I've decided to try the reward system.  If I can go a whole week without any kind of sugar, I get 1 song from I-tunes.  If I can go a whole month without any kind of sugar I'm going to get my hair done (my greys are starting to show again). I think this is a perfect time to try the reward system.

The youtube video below is the songs I want from I-tunes.  It's by a Christian Rock band called "Press Play".   I absolutely love it!  So here's to no more sugar!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment