Thursday, October 18, 2012

Random Rant...

...about clothes.

These last few months I started working out on a regular basis.  I have discovered how annoying certain fashions for women who exercise is really quite annoying.  It seems that whoever comes up with these fashions are trying to make styles that make women look "sexy" when they workout. 

I can tell you for a fact that I am no where near any form of attractive when I workout.  I could be trying my darnedest but it just doesn't happen.  I am not a fan of clothes that are tight.  I prefer loose fitting clothes especially around the mid-section.  Unfortunately it's hard for me to find anything like that.  I could just wear t-shirts but I also hate the necklines of t-shirts. 


OK, so this is what I'm talking about.  I cannot wear this shirt because it is too tight around the midsection.  I do not like having to re-adjust my clothes the entire time I'm working out.  Also I do my best to hide the "spare tires" that I have.  The last thing I want to see when I workout is every little bit of extra weight.  Now some people may wonder why I just don't get a shirt like this in a size larger than what I wear.  Unfortunately, that doesn't work either for me.  If I get a shirt size bigger then the chest/shoulder area of the shirt is waaaaaaaaaay too big.  It's a no win situation for me.

I'm not saying that nobody can pull this off.  There are a lot of people who can and that is absolutely awesome for them.  I look forward to the time I can wear a shirt like this.  My issue is that when I go shopping for workout clothes this is the only style I can find.  I just wish there were more options out there for those of us who don't want clingy clothes when we workout.  That's all. 

So here's a nice goal to achieve in the near future.  Until then my husband is going to get sick of me wearing his t-shirts, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment