Friday, October 5, 2012

*Cough* *Hack* *Barf*

Ugh.  I'm sick.  I feel like crap.  I haven't been sick in a long time.  I know this because I haven't been sick since I started this new healthy lifestyle.  I am struggling to eat properly.  I'm struggling to stay active.  I had no idea how hard is was going to be to continue to stay healthy and be sick at the same time.

I have no energy to cook.  I haven't done any meal planning.  All I want to eat when I'm sick is bad food.  I don't want to cook.  I want my comfort food.  I always turn to different kinds of food when I am sick that I use to help me feel better.  This could be something from fast food to cough medicine.  I had no idea how much sugar is in cough drops!  I have found sugar free cough drops but much to my dismay they are not nearly as effective as the sugar-full cough drops.

I'm going to try to make it to Zumba on Saturday.  Hopefully I won't be too rundown.  Honestly though it's not looking good.  I have the coughs pretty bad.  When I workout I need my breathing to be steady.  I don't know how good of a workout I will get in when I'm hacking up a lung every 2 seconds.  Plus, it's not very nice to go somewhere and risk getting other people sick.  I think I'm going to just have to stay home and try to get the energy to do my own at home workout.

I was not prepared for this.  I had no idea how hard it was going to be.  I've been making bad food choices.  I have not been active.  At least now I know.  I'm going to have to make sure I pre-plan for the illnesses I'm sure to get this season.  Hopefully I'll kick this bug pretty quick and get right back on track.  Now excuse my while I go find that lung I just hacked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment