Saturday, June 22, 2013

Week 1

Week 1 of Boot Camp is complete.  Throughout this first week I have discovered 2 things.  One, I love it.  I love the workouts that Tricia has planned for us.  I've been very careful with my eating and making sure I protein it up before a workout.  My workouts end with me soaking wet with sweat...gross I know but hey that's a good thing!  Secondly, it is a big mental game for me.  Last Sunday night we did a lot of toning work and my body just didn't want to do it.  My arms were shaking, my stomach muscles were screaming.  I started to cry.  Hopefully I'm not the first to do that, haha!  I was so ashamed of the fact that I felt I couldn't do some of the exercises.  I was ashamed of how out of shape I am.  I pushed through it, I cried through it (although I hid it because I hate crying in front of people).  I came out on top a stronger person...mentally.  In time I will be stronger physically.  We all know how great Friday went...cough...NOT...cough...If you're unsure what I mean by that please read yesterday's post titled "Well That Sucked"...ha!

After a full week of early morning workouts, mental battles, and shear exhaustion mentally and physically this is what I've decided.  I've decided to KEEP GOING!  It's been hard and the mental aspect has been especially difficult.  I have high expectations in myself and I tend to disappoint myself.  However, I don't regret trying.  As the saying goes "the only workout you regret is the one you didn't do".  I missed a couple of days because of work or other various reasons...don't worry they are good reasons I missed.  We are onto week 2 now.  Here's hoping for a better week mentally.  My workouts will only get better as I get stronger.

I've been very good with my eating.  Yesterday I was at work until 6am and there was a big box of donuts at work screaming my name...Donuts are my weakness.  I love donuts.  I could live on donuts.  Ahhh donuts....yum.  I resisted!  I am not going to put this much effort into boot camp and myself to screw it up because of some sweet cakey crap.  I've been working to hard to even allow myself a little cheat.  I've been in ketosis, which means I'm burning fat.  Why would I want to work my tail off, spend days burning fat, and then undo it all only for some food that might actually kill me in the end?  How's that for a good way to look at junk food?  Donuts? No thank you, I don't want to die! Truth!

So here's a toast to week 1, as difficult as you were and no matter how many times you made me cry.  I came out stronger.  I will get better.  This is not over!  Week 2 I'm looking at you.  I'm coming at you with a vengeance!  I will conquer this mental game!  I will succeed in these workouts!  I WILL win!

No comments:

Post a Comment