Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Forward HO!

Today is weigh day.  I am back to where I was before the weekend of bad decisions.  So that is good.  I've been able to lose all the weight that I gained from that weekend.  The damage that was done was minimal and is now non-existent, thank goodness.  Still, since I didn't stick to plan I did not lose more like I should have.  It's ok though, I'm back on track.  I'm going to stay on this path.

Yesterday my little one turned 3.  I had many opportunities to cheat.  The cake looked so good.  I also got the intense craving for chinese food.  I was fighting it all night.  Finally I decided to give in.  I told the husband we're having chinese for dinner.  I picked up the phone and got halfway through dialing the number when a thought popped into my head: "tomorrow is weigh day..."  That did it.  I put the phone down.  I did not order the chinese.  I did not have any cake either.  Instead I had a very tasty, atkins friendly chicken wrap.  Because of my decisions almost two weeks ago I am still fighting my cravings.  Fortunately I haven't given into any of them.  I was crazy close last night though.

At work today I started taking my walks again during my lunch break.  It was awesome.  The night was warm but not too warm and I just felt so alive walking.  My mind went a million miles a minute though, that was annoying.  I need to find a new audio book.

After a weekend of bad decisions, and a week of fixing the issues I'm back on track.  I'm going forward.  I'm not looking back.  I'm going to learn from this and get better.  The cravings will subside soon.  I am getting stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment