Friday, August 31, 2012

Just Because It's "Legal", Doesn't Mean It's Legal

Everyone is different.  Different foods effect different people.  What might be perfectly fine for some people could be damaging to others.  This is a journey.  I am on a journey to discover what works for me.  I'm not just trying to get healthy, but I am trying to educate myself in what foods cause the fatigue, the weight gain, etc.  I have a list of foods and beverages that I am technically allowed to have.  However, just because it's on this list does not mean that I can have it.

So yummy but so dangerous! 
Technically I'm allowed to have nuts.  Technically I'm allowed to have some milk.  What have I learned?  Nuts are super easy to over-indulge on.  They cause me to have mad salt cravings, which in turn causes me to retain water and that results in no weight loss.  Milk...I have had it in the form of sugar-free ice cream.  Soooo not a good idea!  My sugar cravings have gone mad.  Since my sugar cravings have gone hog-wild I have started drinking diet sodas again.  The caffeine causes me lots of issues.

So now I know.  I cannot have nuts, or if I do have them I have to be very very careful.  Ice cream?  Absolutely out of the question.  This is how you do it though.  You have to experiment with different food items to find out how they really affect you.  I'm not jumping off the wagon, or cheating, or giving up.  I'm just experimenting with foods I am allowed to eat.  As it turns out my body disagrees with parts of Dr. Atkins' allowed foods.

On a side note, I've been getting really bored with my eating.  Which is to be expected because I haven't been very creative recently.  However, I have really started getting into Pinterest.  I have got to say that place is amazing!  There are hundreds upon hundreds of recipes and low-carb ideas!  Amazing!    I have got to get a plan of action in place.  Because of the soda pop drinking I haven't been drinking my water.  Because of the salt cravings and sugar cravings I haven't been eating my vegetables.  It's time to curb these cravings (again), and continue to grow and learn from my food choices!

Pinterest! What a great idea!
http://pinterest.com/ceciliastar1/

No comments:

Post a Comment