Monday, September 17, 2012

FOOD!!!!!!

I love food.  We all know I love food.  I love bad food.  We all know I love bad food.  That's how I got to this point.  In my quest to living a healthier lifestyle I have been in the search for new and exciting recipes to keep things interesting.  It's been a lot of fun trying to find foods that I like and recipes to try out.  There are of course some bad recipes that I have tried.  You never know until you try it right?

I have a board on Pinterest where I put all the recipes that I want to try.  If you CLICK HERE, it will take you to my Low-Carb recipe board.  I will update this regularly with what I have found and want to try, or with what turned out good or not so good!

I came across this recipe that was so amazing I have to share it!  I loved it, my husband loved it, and my kids loved it. So I must give this recipe to you so that you may enjoy it as well.  Believe me some of the ingredients in it would make you think I wouldn't eat it (because of my picky-ness) but I did eat it! It was sooooooo good!!!  I'm going to share the original recipe but the red text are my little adjustments.


Grilled Flank Steak With Tomatoes, Red Onion and Balsamic




  • 2 lb flank steak, fat trimmed *I used only 1lb. flank steak
  • kosher salt and fresh pepper
  • garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tbsp balsamic
  • 1/3 cup red onion, chopped  *I used half an onion
  • 1/2 tomato, chopped *original recipe called for 3-4 tomatoes but that seemed like too much for us
  • 1 tbsp fresh herbs such as oregano, basil or parsley  *I used dried oregano


  • Pierce steak all over with a fork. Season generously with salt, pepper and garlic powder and set aside about 10 minutes at room temperature.

    In a large bowl, combine onions, olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper. Let onions sit a few minutes with the salt and balsamic to mellow a bit. Combine with tomatoes and fresh herbs and adjust seasoning if needed.

    Heat grill or broiler on high heat. Cook steak about 7 minutes on each side for medium rare or longer to taste. Remove from grill and let it rest on a plate for about 5 minutes before slicing.

    Slice steak think on the diagonal; top with tomato mixture and serve.


    Viola!  This is my husband's plate...I didn't eat any stuffing.

    So there you have it.  One of the best dinners I've ever made.  The flavors were so awesome!  The saltiness and garlic taste of the steak topped with a tangy mixture of flavors.  To me the flavors of the Balsamic tomato topping was very spring-like.  It was so good.  Now go buy some flank steak and fresh veggies and try this bad boy out!  You're welcome world.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment