Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Now Comes The Real Test

 Today was weigh day!  I've lost another 5 pounds!  So flippin' awesome!  This means I've lost a total of 27 pounds thus far.  Things are going great.  I've had a couple of hiccups but nothing too major.  I've stayed focused and my goal is still in site.  I still have a big fear though.

In the past I've tried losing weight numerous times.  The one thing that I'm worried about after today's weigh-in is whether or not I'll stay on track.  I distinctly remember the last time I tried losing weight I hit this weight loss mini-goal before.  The last time I hit this mini-goal I remember telling my husband that I have finally lost so much weight and that I will never ever again be as heavy as I was.  That statement did not become truth.  Soon after making such a bold statement I went off track and stayed of track.  I not only gained back what I had lost, I gained even more.

Will history repeat itself?  I know it's up to me to make sure it doesn't.  I've lost 27 pounds for goodness sake.  There is no food in this world that tastes good enough to stop the momentum that I have.  At least that's what I'm trying to tell myself.  There are temptations everywhere! 

I am on a roll though.  I've been on this way of life since April.  That means I've lost an average of 3.8 pounds a month!  Those are pretty impressive numbers in my opinion.  I can't let history repeat itself.  I'm doing so well!  I have to work very hard to stay on track and to not lose site of my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment