Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Scritchy Scratch!

Wowzer, I have lost some weight.  I am not near my goal but I still have lost a significant amount.  That is absolutely awesome!  There's a side effect though...I itch EVERYWHERE!  Holy cow does my skin itch.  There are a lot of different possibilities that can cause this itchiness.  I of course googled it.  Never google medical stuff.  All you get are terrifying possibilities.  I learned this a while back when I was having issues with my foot.

When my foot was hurting google told me the reasons could be from something simple like a strained muscle to some horrid problem that would result in surgery and weeks of therapy!  Well it turns out it was something mild.  My foot doesn't bother me nearly as much as it used to.  Every now and again there's a little twinge of pain but nothing like it was before.  It's very rare these days.

So of course when I google itchy skin and weight loss my results varied.  My itchy skin can be due to dry skin from to enough water to some terrible cancerous disease.  Here are my theories.  First, I'm not drinking enough water.  I know that much is true.  I must start drinking like a fish again.  I've been drinking these drinks called "Sparkling Ice".  They are quite tasty.  It's sparkling water sweetened with Sucralose and natural fruit juices.  There is also about 50mg of Green Tea extract in it.  I like them, but just like any carbonated beverage I'm drinking too much of them.  I need to drink water.  That's what's best!  Secondly,  I itch primarily where I am losing weight, namely my stomach and my back.  Finally, I could be deficient in some nutrient.  This I'm not sure of.  I will have to keep an eye on this in case I need to get a supplement.

I'm going to keep an eye on it.  I will up my intake of water of course.  Hopefully the itchiness subsides.  I'm not really worried about it though.  I itch in those exact same spots when I was pregnant and the doctors never found an issue disease wise. Weight loss is wonderful who knew a side effect would be itchy skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment