Monday, July 9, 2012

The Eye Doctors....

Shudder.  I have to go to the eye doctor today.  It's nothing bad but it's been a few years since I've had my eyes looked and it's about time I go.  I don't like going to the eye doctor.  I don't know why but it's the same for every doctor.  It's probably a combination of having to re-arrange my routine, being vulnerable, and the money.  My eyes are steadily getting worse though so it's about time.

Usually in this situation I would eat some kind of comfort food.  Normally it would be ice cream, or fast  food, or both.  It's almost like I have this conversation with myself "well if I have to spend time and money at the doctors then I will spend money and eat this therefore it's justified..." or something really strange to that effect.  Any way to justify the junk I'm about to put in my mouth.  I'm not going to do that this time of course.  I've been very good and I have no desire to backtrack.

I am having a hard time filling that void or desire or whatever you want to call it.  I guess it's a small level of anxiety that I have whenever I have to go to the doctors, especially the eye doctors...glasses and contacts are soooo expensive!  So what to do with myself until my appointment?  Maybe I should work out.  That's always and option!

No comments:

Post a Comment