Friday, July 13, 2012

You Want Me To Do WHAT?

This Tuesday I went to my weekly Zumba class.  I love this class so much.  It's so hard but so much fun!  My stamina has been getting better and better.  I'm nowhere near where my instructor is at, but give it time.  I will get into the best shape of my life, just give it time!

My instructor is the one in all grey! Tricia you
are awesome!!!
I love my instructor.  She is flippin' awesome!  She has been such an inspiration and source of strength for me.  Her energy and love for life is absolutely contagious.  I have never been so excited to be active before.  I have never been so excited to get my bum off the couch and workout.  I've known about Zumba since '96 and as fun as the tapes are there is just nothing like a live Zumba class.  Like I said this woman is amazing.  She has given me such drive to achieve what I've always wanted.  This time around I am not just wishing for a healthier me, I am becoming a healthier me. 

Every class I struggle.  My stamina is weak.  I am still very out of shape.  I have a lot of weight that my knees carry.  Normally I stand in the back of the room in class.  For some songs (especially the ones with a lot of jumping) I have to stop and catch my breathe.  On most occasions I am unable to do a complete song without taking a break.

This Tuesday my instructor called me out a couple of times.  This pushed me to keep going.  A little later in the class she actually called my up on stage to do a song with her in front of the whole class!!!  I was so scared!  The last thing I want is people watching me workout.  I hate it when people watch.  It would be my main excuse to not workout at a gym or if the husband was home.  Normally I would shake my head no and politely turn down the offer.  Not this time.  I didn't want to let my instructor down.  I took a deep breathe and jumped up on stage with her.  This was the most terrifying thing I have done in a long time.

It was an eye opener for me to say the least!  Not only have I learned that it doesn't matter if people are watching me or even what I look like when I'm working out.  What's important is that I am doing what is necessary to become healthier.  The most important thing that I learned is that I do have the strength and the stamina to do a complete song.  There was no way I was going to take a break during the song while being on stage next to my instructor and with people watching me.  I actually did the entire song without taking a single break.  I do have the strength to keep going.  Winners never quit and gosh darn it I want to be a winner! 

I want to thank my instructor.  There are so many things to thank her for.  She motivates me, she inspires me, she shows me that I am good enough, she shows me that I am strong enough.  Honestly I could go on and on about her.  She is a true gift from God.  She is a witness to so many people.  She helps so many people.  I thank her for taking the time to help me.  Thanks Tricia!  You're flippin' awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment