Tuesday, July 17, 2012

When I Grow Up...

I want to be a Zumba Instructor!  Yep I've decided it.  When I get down to the weight that I'm comfortable with, when I'm in better shape, and when my stamina as built up I am going to pay it forward and become a Zumba Instructor.

Zumba has given me such passion for being active and passion for life in general that I think it's only right to get my self certified and trained to help others experience the awesomeness that is Zumba.  I've been thinking about this for a while.  It's kind of funny, whenever I'm at home listening to my music I actually start choreographing in my head.  It's going to take some time though.  My stamina and confidence for that matter are nowhere near where they need to be in order to teach other people.

I think this is another great goal to set myself.  I will get healthier and in shape, and once Zumba helps me achieve this I will be able to help other people.  It is expensive to get trained though.  So now I have something to start saving up for.  It's going to take hopefully about a year to get where I want to be physically, so that gives me time to save up.

How To Become a Zumba Instructor:
Becoming a zumba instructor is easy. Just take the one-day Zumba Basic Instructor Workshop offered by zumba.com and you are qualified. It is also recommended but not required to become a Certified Group Fitness Instructor through AFAA or Ace Fitness. And you really should also be CPR certified. 

That being said it still takes a lot of practice hours to put together song lists, and to create and learn choreography. Once you complete the Zumba Basic Instructor workshop you can get a monthly membership to Zumba's Instructor Network (ZIN) and receive choreography DVD's and music CD's periodically. It also provides access to an instructor message board where other instructors discuss everything you need to know and need help with to teach zumba.

Do you have the skills to teach zumba? Are you enthusiastic about zumba and do you absolutely love it?? Then you have the skills to teach zumba! 


Like I said this is a ways off in my future but it's a great goal to reach!

No comments:

Post a Comment