Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What A Week!

Ok.  I'm back.  After a very long weekend, I needed a few days to recover and regroup.  I had a blast working Jamboree in the Hills.  I worked with a bunch of fun people and saw a lot of talented musical groups.  I'm not a fan of country but I can't deny that these people are talented.  Lynyrd Skynyrd particularly put on a great show, and Brother Trouble was a lot of fun to direct.  The food provided was ok.  I was very excited when we had dinner on Thursday night because they had pork, shrimp, and a nice salad buffet.  However, as the weekend continued the food became more processed and full of stuff I can't eat and the salad looked more and more questionable.  I stocked up on Atkins bars and ate those when I was hungry and the meals did not fulfill that hunger because of legal reasons.  I don't consider eating those Atkins products as cheating.  I do see them as a hindrance to my weight loss though.  In the past if my diet consisted of a lot of "frankenfoods" from Atkins products my weight loss stalls.

Sure enough Wednesday was weight day and I haven't lost anything.  I had been losing 2-3 lbs. a week.  I'm ok with this because I knew it was going to happen.  I took measures to avoid cheating at Jambo but I still slightly sabotaged my weight loss.  The good news is that I didn't gain anything!  I did trigger my cravings though.  I craved sugar and junk food like nothing else.  I have a confession to make.  Sunday night when I got home I was so tired and so hungry.  There was no food in the house that I wanted, and I really didn't want to cook anything.  I asked my husband to go get me a chicken nugget meal from McDonald's.  Like a dear he went.  When he gave me my food I just stared at it.  I literally stared at it for a long time.  My stomach was saying yes but my head was screaming no.  I had to tell myself that this junk food wasn't worth wasting all the time and work I had accomplished.  I went all weekend long without cheating and to end a strong difficult week on this note, it was just stupid.  So I gave the food to my husband and I apologized for asking him to get that food for me.  He gobbled it up.   Thank goodness.  I almost caved.  It was so close.  I cooked myself something to eat and I was so glad I didn't just screw everything up.  After about a day all my cravings had subsided.  I'm back on track and so happy I'm back in charge of my food.

Tuesday was Zumba day!  I wasn't able to get to zumba since last Saturday...that was 11 days ago!!!!  I was itching to get some zumba back in my life.  I spent 4 whole days listening to a bunch of country music.  As I mentioned I'm not really a country fan.  Honestly most of the stuff I listen to now is either Christian music or Zumba music.  While I was at work I kept seeing updates on Facebook about zumba classes and I wished so bad I could be there.  I seriously was going through some Zumba withdrawal.  So finally Tuesday I went to class.  As soon as the first song was played I was back in my element.  I got such a rush of energy and I kept up with the rest of the class to the best of my ability.  I did much better this class than in the past.  As soon as Tricia turned on a Raggaeton song I lost myself in dance.  At the end of the workout she played a Celine Dion song for our cool down.  The song was "I'm Alive".  Sure enough I was crying like a baby.  I really did feel alive.

After a long week, a long fun week, I am back in charge and I feel alive.  Jamboree was fun but I'm glad being back to my regular schedule and in charge of everything.  I have to kick this stall and get back on track.  After this week and all the possible bad choices I could have made, I'm calling it a success.  I had a close call but I did not fail.


No comments:

Post a Comment