Sunday, July 1, 2012

Celebrating 6 Years!

Today I celebrated my 6th year wedding anniversary!  It's been an amazing 6 years. I had to work so we celebrated during the early afternoon.  So we hired a baby sitter went out to eat by ourselves, we also went to a bookstore we both love but never have the time to get to.  It's been a long time since we've done that.

We went to a restaurant neither of us have ever been to, it's called Bahama Breeze and it's amazing!  I did so well.  My "cheat" at our anniversary dinner is that I had 2 Diet Cokes!  The menu looked amazing and I wanted to try everything!  I was good though.  I didn't cheat at all.  I ordered Grilled Shrimp for my appetizer, and for my entree I ordered a Grilled Chicken dish that came with sweet potatoes but I substituted the potatoes for a salad.  The Shrimp appetizer was HUGE.  There were at least 12 shrimp in the dish.  They were served in an amazing garlic butter sauce.  It came with some bread for dipping but I didn't eat it.  I saved it for the kids.

My entree was really good.  I noticed that the sauce that was on the chicken tasted a little sweet though.  I was curious so I looked on their website to see if they listed nutritional info.  Unfortunately I discovered that the Grilled Chicken had 11 carbs in it!  It must have been the sauce.  Oh well.  I'm not beating myself up about it, I just need to make sure I'm a little bit more careful in what I choose to eat, I think I'll need to pass on the sauce next time.  I don't think this is going to knock me out of ketosis.  I hope not.  Either way I think going out to eat for the first time since I've started this way of life was very successful!  I did not purposefully go off of my plan.  A little sauce isn't going to hurt me too much.  I just need to make sure it doesn't happen again.

As a gift, my husband gave me two Betty Crocker cookbooks from '62 and '72.  You have no idea how excited I am about these books!  My mother owns these books.  I grew up looking at the pictures in these books.  My mother also uses a lot of recipes from these books so I know that the recipes are good.  Also they are nice old fashioned recipes that I will be able to tweak very easily to meet my nutritional needs.  So awesome!  There's a lot of sentimental value with these books but it will make our family meals SO MUCH BETTER!

Happy Anniversary hubby!  I love you, and I'm getting healthy so you are going to be stuck with me for a very very long time!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. At this wonderful used bookstore that we both love but hardly ever get to go to. It is full of all sorts of amazing books!

      Delete
    2. I should mention that they are in mint condition too!

      Delete