Saturday, June 30, 2012

Why I've Become Obsessed

Zumba.  I love it.  I can't seem to stop talking about it.  There are so many reasons why I love it.  Zumba dance is a high calorie burn, and it helps sculpt and tone the body. Many of the dance moves involve twisting and crunching of the abs. The ab workout happens throughout the entire class.  I gotta tell you especially after today's workout my stomach is hurting!  I don't have abs yet but I can feel the muscles burning.  It's so awesome to be able to feel that you are doing the workout right!

The music is also amazing!  It's contagious.  It's almost all I listen to now.  When I hear good music, with a good beat, I just want to dance! In a Zumba class, you’ll hear all sorts of Latin music including Cumbia, Merengue, Salsa, and Cha Cha. Sometimes, hip-hop and R&B music is also included.  All the Zumba songs are upbeat and ‘happy’ sounding, so I always leave the workout room smiling, in pain from a great workout but smiling.  Whenever I do my DVD's or any of the live classes it puts me in such a good mood.  I woke up at 7:30am just so I could go to a class!  7:30am is unheard of for me, it's soooo early!

Zumba is fun, plain and simple. I've been making a lot of new friends, and I always know that people are always welcome. When I first started I didn't know anyone.  I just bit the bullet and went out of my comfort zone and gave it a try.  Now I am slowly starting to get to know people and every time I go to a live class I have so much fun!  There are never mistakes or ‘wrong moves’, as long as you're moving that's what counts! I absolutely love it.

The instructors play a very important part in my live Zumba classes.  They push me.  They are passionate about Zumba and passionate about their students.  In most Zumba classes, the instructor knows many of the members by name, and makes it a point to introduce herself to anyone who may be new. Instructors are passionate about Zumba and VERY energetic. I find yourself pushing just a little bit harder because of the encouragement I get as well as the desire to keep up with them.  I still can't because my stamina stinks but it's getting better!

I highly suggest doing Zumba.  The DVD's are a lot of fun but the classes are so much better!  Go to www.zumba.com to find a class!  Do it! Do it now!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment