Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Numers Don't Lie

I weigh how much!?!?!
I did it.  I weighed myself.  Oh the horror! The horror!  Boy oh boy do I have a ways to go.  I'm not going to post how much I weigh because I just can't bring myself to do so publicly.  I have created a separate page to keep track of how much I need to lose and the mini goals.  I plan on posting the dates that I complete a mini-goal.

How much I weigh is pretty bad.  The good thing is at least it's not as bad as I thought.  I thought I weighed about 20 pounds more than I actually do.  So at least there isn't an extra 20 pounds I need to lose.  There's my positive spin on the situation.

In reality though I have quite a bit to lose to get to my goal.  It's going to take some time.  It's going to take a lot of patience.  As we all know in any weight loss regime or journey there are plateau days.  Those are the hardest days, weeks, months of all.  Those days can be so frustrating because you could be doing everything right; you're working out, you're eating right...but that weight is still not coming off.  This is normal though.

I have to prepare myself mentally for all of this.  It's all a mind game with me.  I have to play the game and I have to win it.  I am winning so far.  I work the overnight shift which means I don't normally get out of work until 2am.  For me when I'm leaving working nothings sounds better than a giant sized nugget meal from McDonald's.  Every night this week I have contemplated going to McDonald's to get one of those meals.  I played all the scenarios in my head in order to make it ok: "I don't start my diet until Monday", "I worked out", "Who cares just do it"...  I am glad to report that this time around, I listened to the good side of my mind.  I did NOT get that food and eat it.  I went home, had some water, and went to bed.

Now is the time to get serious.  I have reached a very unhealthy state of life.  My BMI is off the charts!  It has gotten bad.  I need to buckle down.  I need to prepare myself for the mind games I'm going to play with myself.    I need to fight to win.  Nobody said this was going to be easy.  This is going to be a battle and I need to be ready.  Numbers don't lie.

1 comment: