Thursday, June 7, 2012

Mind Games

I have discovered that the most struggles I have been experiencing and/or the reason I failed so many times are because of mind games.  I play a lot of mind games with myself.  I take different scenarios and play them over and over in head until I find one that justifies what I'm about to eat or if I'm not going to workout.  I've been very good so far at winning the mind games.  I don't skip my workouts, except to rest injured foot.  My eating has not been great but it could be a lot worse.  So anyway all it really is, is mind over matter; good decision vs. bad decision.

I bring this up because on Monday I will be starting Atkins.  I've succeeded in getting workouts in everyday.  Now it is time to focus on my eating and food intake.  The thing with Atkins is that it is low-carb and you are supposed to get your main source of carbs from vegetables, lots and lots of vegetables.  Another reason why Atkins can't be bad for you.  You get rid of the processed junk and in turn eat lots and lots of vegetables.  So here's my predicament...I HATE VEGETABLES!  I've never liked veggies.  When I was a kid my mom would say "no dessert until you finished your vegetables".  I was the best at hiding my veggies.  I would put them in my mouth and then go to wipe my mouth with my napkin, and somehow the veggies ended up in the napkin.  Once my plate was empty and my napkin was full of veggies I would ask to be excused to use the restroom; I would take my napkin with me and dump out the veggies.  Yeah it was sneaky, it was wrong.  Sorry mom.....  

To this day I have a hard time choking down any kind of vegetables.  I know I'm actually just being a big baby.  If I want to do Atkins and do it properly I have to eat my veggies.  If I do Atkins and not get my main source of carbs from vegetables then I can cause damage to my liver and/or my kidneys.  So it is imperative that I eat the vegetables.  So it's going to be a mind game.  Lots of people like vegetables.  Heck there are people who only eat vegetables.  They can't be that bad, right?  I have been planning my menus down to the carb to make sure I am eating enough.  Most of those carbs are veggies.  I will be playing the mind game again when it comes to eating that many vegetables.  I will win.  Atkins works, and I want to succeed.  I will eat that salad, I will eat that broccoli, that salad will not consist of mostly toppings....Bring on the mind games, I am ready to win!

No comments:

Post a Comment