Monday, June 25, 2012

Just An Update

Today I got back on track with my workouts.  I woke up at 8:30am (I did what?!?!) and actually did my workout (unheard of)!  I've been out of it for a lot longer than I should have allowed.  I was only able to do half an hour of an hour workout.  I lost some of the stamina I built up from last month, I need to regain it.  I am also back to taking my lovely walks during my lunch break.  It was so nice today and I am so glad I took my walk!

I am almost done with my two week Induction phase of Atkins.  I've lost 6 lbs. so far which is awesome!  Wednesday is my last day of Induction and also my weigh day.  I'll learn how much I've lost all together then.  I am going to amp up my workouts though.  I am losing weight by watching what I eat but I need to get my activity up even more.  My game plan is to do Zumba everyday (DVD's or live class) and to walk at least a mile everyday.  I really want to do Couch to 5k but at this point my schedule and my husband's schedule are making it very hard to figure out how to get that run in.  I don't have a jogger stroller so I can't take the kids.  Husband goes to work early so I would have to wake up very very early to get a run in.  This is an option but we'll see if it takes hold...

One of the problems I'm having with the workouts is what to eat pre-workout.  I used to drink an Atkins chocolate shake because it had fat, and protein in it so it would be a great thing to drink.  It gave me a lot of energy.  Being on Induction I'm not allowed to have those shakes.  I'm trying to figure out something else to give me that boost of energy that I need to complete my workout.  Today I had some cheese.  It was OK.  I felt kind of sick when I was done with the workout.  I don't think the cheese was enough.  Since I'm waking up earlier the last thing I want to do is cook.  I discovered that shake made with raw eggs and although it is good, I don't know if I want to drink that everyday...I make a lovely spinach quiche today so maybe I'll use that as my breakfast because it reheats easily and nicely.

I have to go to work everyday this week so it will definitely be a test to see if I can do everything that I plan on doing.  It's going to be rough but I think it'll be definitely doable.  I'm feeling great and energized.  I'm excited for the changes that are taking place in me and I'm excited to keep going and getting even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment