Sunday, June 3, 2012

Remember Those New Shoes?

Yeah I'm returning them!  They are absolutely aweful.  It's amazing how a shoe can really effect what you're doing.  As I've mentioned (it seems like a hundred times...),  I've been dealing with feet issues especially in my left foot.  My heel is very sensitive.  I think it's due to my achilles tendon but it most definately also has to do with my shoes.  After working out for about 3 weeks in really old shoes I decided to invest in some new shoes.  My old shoes caused me a lot of discomfort especially whenever I tried to do Zumba.  In order to do Zumba properly you really needed special shoes.  You don't want big heavy running shoes.  You want light shoes that preferably have a pivot point so spinning/turning comes easily.  If you don't, you will get a lot of resistence and that can cause a lot of discomfort especially for your knees.

So my old shoes were as old as sin, and I can't even remember where I got them.  They were old but they did not bother my feet nearly as much as my new running shoes that I got at Dick's.  They hurt but at least I was able to keep walking.  Whenever I wear my new shoes I can't walk normally because of how sensitive my feet are...it hurts like the dickens!  At first I thought my issues were strictly just my feet hurting.  But once I bought some special Zumba shoes I've been able to pinpoint that my new shoes hurt me feet.  It's not just an issue with my achilles.  It's the shoes!  Whenever I wear my flip-flops or my new Zumba shoes my feet don't hurt nearly as much.  The pain is much much less whenever I don't wear the new running shoes...

My Zumba shoes are wonderful.  I do have to use some Dr. Scholl's inserts.  When I add the inserts they are so comfortable!  I barely feel the pain.  The pain is still there but it's not too bad.  I can at least walk and better yet, work out!

So it's pretty upseting to find that my expensive new shoes hurt me worse than my cheap new shoes or my old old old old shoes.  Very frustrating.  I'm going to return them and hopefully find some shoes that don't make my injury worse than it already is.  I still have my injury but the new shoes either make it worse or last longer than it should be.  All I know is that my feet hurt the most whenever I wear those shoes versus any other shoe I own.

$70 expensive jerks...

$18 cheap Zumba shoes!! They're sparkly too!







1 comment:

  1. Where did you get your Zumba shoes? I'm saving up for some Rykas but it would be great to have some other than my old running shoes in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete