Sunday, June 3, 2012

Ahhh sleep...

Starting this week I am going to start waking up at 8 AM everyday.  I'm going to try and get my workout done before the kiddos wake up.  This task is going to be one of my hardest EVER!  I love my sleep.  I sleep a lot.  I was blessed with 3 kids that love to sleep.  Typically our days don't start until 10-11am!  How wonderful is that?  Although it is great...it's unproductive.  There will be numerous benefits to me actually waking up at a decent hour.

I will be doing my workout first thing in the morning.  This will help to energize me throughout the day.  It also helps to get it out of the way.  I don't have to worry about trying to fit it in somewhere into my day.  Also, it will be better for my routine if I do my workouts at the same time everyday.

The kids and I will eat more balanced regularly scheduled meals.  Right now we tend to snack throughout the day.  I cook/make them 3 meals a day but they would never be at a regular time.  This will help curb pointless eating for myself and my children.  If our meals are scheduled or at least more structured we will be healthier.  Otherwise we just mindlessly eat when we want to.

The TV will be on LESS!  This will happen because I will be too energized to sit around and waste time in front of the TV.  I will want to find something to keep myself and the kids busy.  In turn this will make my kids more active.

The number one benefit?? MORE TIME WITH MY CHILDREN!  MORE TIME WITH MY HUSBAND!!! These are the biggest benefits that can come from my lazy bum actually getting up in the morning.  So my new goal is to NOT hit the snooze button.  This is going to be hard and I know it.  I have to do it.  It will be worth it! How can I allow myself to pass up those benefits?? I have to do it. I will do it. This is my now!

2 comments:

  1. You could have shortened this post to "From now on I will be more like my mom." ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need a like button for your comment! haha!

      Delete