Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Dreaded Scale!

It is time.  It is time for me to know exactly what I weigh.  I haven't had a scale in a while because the batteries died and I just haven't bought a new one.  I was ok with that.  First of all nobody who is overweight really wants to know what they actually weigh.  Another reason I was ok with not having a scale was because whenever I would try to lose weight in the past I would become obsessed with the scale.  I would weigh myself roughly 6-7 times a day.  No joke!  It was pretty ridiculous but I had to know how much water weight or whatever that I gained throughout the day.  This is something I need to keep tabs on and try to not do.  It can be rather upsetting.  


I learned from my mother the proper way to weigh yourself.  You pick a specific day and you weight yourself first thing in the morning on that day.  Only once a week should you be weighing yourself.  Weight fluctuates throughout the week depending on what you're eating, drinking, and whatever else could be going on at that time.  The best way to gauge if you're losing is by weekly comparisons not daily.  

Still it's nice to see if the number is dropping daily.  However that is not a reliable way to keep tabs on whether the numbers are going up or down.  Since I'm starting Atkins I will start watching the numbers.  I am going to go buy a scale *shudder* today.  I will at some point work up the courage to post what my current weight is...maybe.  It depends on how bad it is.  I might have to wait a couple of days to build up the courage...  The truth hurts sometimes but how can I fix it if I don't know?  

2 comments:

  1. I don't see how your weight is anyone else's business, but you might want to post gains and losses, if it'll help keep you honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's why I'm going to post the numbers. Too keep me honest. I do the same with the workout and food journal. As much as I don't like to publicly admit that I ate a bag of Doritoes...I still write it down otherwise I'm lying to myself...Oi.

      Delete