Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Illness...

Yesterday I went to a Zumba class and I did terribly.  I was hot, I couldn't breathe, and my legs and arms felt like a million pounds.  A couple times I actually felt like I was going to black out...maybe.  I had to sit out 3 songs.  I was pretty upset with myself.  I look forward to this class all week and yesterday was just not good.  I think I didn't eat enough yesterday and that could be the main contributing factor.  I also think it could be more.  Sunday my youngest came down with a bad fever and it lasted until early Tuesday morning.  Tuesday night my other two kids got hit really hard with whatever this bug is.  I don't feel feverish, but I do feel achy.  Methinks that the reason why I did so terribly, and I mean terribly, at Zumba is because of lack of energy from not eating enough and possible flu-like symptoms...

So the kids are so sick today, poor things.  I'm off to take one of them to the doctor's.  I had to call off work, which I hate doing, but these kids need their mamma.  I'm exhausted as of now and still feeling achy.  I didn't get to bed until 5am last night.  I would take care of one kid and she would eventually  fall asleep, then the next would wake up, and so on.  One after the other kept waking up.  Husband needed his sleep because he had to be at work early, and he also threw his back out so he's pretty much out of commission.  These days can be hard but it's my job.  I love my kids and they need me.  It's amazing how I am still awake on such little sleep.

On another note, I lost 6 lbs.! BOOM!  That's really good after just one week on Atkins.  Got to stay focused and keep making good food choices.  I'm never hungry anymore but this leads to me forgetting to eat.  I have to remember to eat!  It's been a rough few days and today is going to be the roughest (at least that's how it seems now).  I am focused.  Exhausted, but focused.

1 comment:

  1. Boo for the sick kids. Yay for the weight loss! Baby steps will add up fast. And I'm sure it's a boost to your motivation. :)

    ReplyDelete