Thursday, June 21, 2012

Getting Better

Why did I do this to myself?
The kiddos are slowly getting better.  They have broken the fevers that they were fighting and they are back to sleeping through the night and eating food again.  This is awesome.  The youngest's sores are getting better as well.  It was a rough 4 days.  I had a hard time staying on track.  I did not stray but believe me there were many times I wanted to.  All my kids could manage to stomach these last few days was ice cream.  Honestly I was fine with that, the poor things were so miserable.  So their diet consisted of ice cream, medicine, and fluids...sounds like a good time right?  There were so many times I wanted to eat some of that ice cream.  Shame on me for buying my favorite ice cream (cookies and cream).  I should have bought some kind of ice cream I don't like (pistachio maybe?).  It looked soooo good! I'm happy to announce that I did not eat any of it!  I would even refrain from licking my fingers!  You have no idea how much self control that took. 

I've been pretty run down.  I got very little sleep the last 4 days.  Also being pulled in four different directions can be exhausting.  I loved every minute of it.  It's my job as a mom and a wife.  They needed me and I happily gave them everything I got.  It tired me out especially because I either forgot to eat, or just didn't have time to eat.  Today I went back to work and during my break (4 days later) was the first time I actually had a full meal.  I had ham, and a lovely spinach salad.  It was so good and so filling.  I finally started feeling better myself.

I skipped the workout again today.  I didn't have the energy or the time.  I plan to get back into my workouts more seriously soon.  It's been a while since I've done my Zumba Exhilirate or my Zumba Ripped DVD's.  I miss them.  I love going to the live classes but I can only make it to one class a week.  It's up to me to make sure I get all my workouts in.  Hopefully my energy will come back soon.  I'm re-adjusting my source of energy as well.  I'm used to carb-load before a workout but not anymore. I need to eat some allowed food to get that energy and I'm still getting used to that.

Rough week but it's almost over.  I've lost weight and I still feel great (minus the whole sick thing).  I'm still focused and I'm excited with my progress.

1 comment:

  1. I TOTALLY know how much self control that took! Good for you! You're doing so awesome. Let yourself relax (mentally, I mean...dont beat youraelf up about it) about the workouts when you're in the midst of taking care of your babies. Worrying about kiddos being and getting healthy is enough worry. You'll get back on track, you've already made so many positive changes.

    ReplyDelete