Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Stupid Foot...

Yesterday I took a walk during my lunch break for the first time in like 3 weeks.  It was such a wonderful walk.  The weather was perfect with a nice breeze.  My left foot felt completely healed.  There was no more pain.  I could wake up in the morning and walk on my foot with no pain or stiffness.  I assumed this was because I hadn't been doing much exercising.  I thought it was safe to assume that I could start taking my walks again.  Mind you these are just walks.  I don't run, and I don't speed walk.  My walks are like one step up from a leisurely walk.  This morning when I got out of bed my left foot was so tense.  It hurt like heck.  After some walking around it felt a little bit better.

I'm so frustrated.  I want to really up my workouts and taking a walk everyday is one of those workouts I want to make sure I do.  Plus I really enjoy my walks.  It gives me a great boost of energy for the last half of my workday and it always puts me in a good mood.  I already use orthotics and they help.  I use the $10 orthotics, I wonder if I use the $50 it would be better.  I have started the stretching again.  It's just frustrating.  I don't want to give up on my walks, I really like them.  I've never had an issue like this before.  What to do, what to do.  If someone suggests going to the doctors, I think I might slap them... Obviously going to the Doctor's is an option to find a solution but I would rather save a little money and try some home remedies first.

2 comments:

  1. I won't really suggest going to a physician per say, but I think a good physical therapist could do wonders. Since you're not in Indiana I don't know what the laws are regarding getting into a PT but in IN you have to go to a physician first. I could help you know how to find a worthwhile PT if you're interested. Message me on fb. Sometimes home remedies work but sometimes they cause a lot of frustration and added pain.

    ReplyDelete