Monday, June 4, 2012

So About Waking Up Earlier....

Yeah totally didn't happen.  We all slept until 11am.  I set my alarm and everything.  Any guesses as to how many times I hit the snooze button??  I set my alarm for 8am, I hit snooze every 10 minutes until 11am.  That's how lame I am and how much I love my sleep.  Today is one of my low-impact workout days so I didn't have to wake up early to do my Zumba because I will be taking a walk during my lunch break at work.  So I managed to find an excuse to not wake up early.  I'm great at making excuses to avoid doing something I don't want to do (even though I should do it!!).  I frustrate myself.

My eldest is going to start school in the fall.  She is going to need to be at school at 8am everyday.  I need to learn to wake up early.  I need to teach the kids to wake up early.  As I mentioned in yesterday's post there are many benefits that will come if I actually wake up on time.  But also, as I think about it, I need to start training these kids to waking up earlier!  My eldest is going to need to be up early enough every morning to get a bath, a decent breakfast, and anything else she's going to need to do before school at 8am EVERYDAY!  Ugh.  She's not going to do this on her own, I have to do it and teach her how to do it.

So I will try again tomorrow.  No snooze button, no snooze button, no snooze button!  Anyone want to be my daily wake up call?

4 comments:

  1. When I say a prayer to Jesus or my Guardian Angel and ask them to make sure I get out of bed, I either wake up sufficiently to just stay up or a baby wakes up right when I'm supposed to, therefore forcing me to get up. I have to admit, I'm slightly jealous of your sleeping in problem, but I understand what a miserable problem it can be. We wake up between 7 and 7:30, three or four of the kids are usually up by 6:30 and watching some kind of cartoon so I can "sleep in," I KNOW I need to exercise before the kiddos wake up, but that would mean at least 5:30. not sure I can pull that off while I am in pregnancy exhaustion :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not complaining that my kids are great sleeps! I've been very blessed :) It just makes me very unproductive because I don't have to wake up until late morning. It would be better for me to wake up. I'm going to try the prayer approach, thank!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya! I would try to force the household to stay in "sleep mode" until about 9 am. BAD! It made us all sluggish and not get a good start until 11am. So that's why I say I understand why it's a problem, I just might have to switch you for a night or two so I can sleep in ;) Another thought: maybe you should try to move it back more slowly. Try 9 or 9:30 for a week or two until you get used to that being the "norm." That way it might change your night habits the way it needs to, so that 8am isn't such a shock to your body. You'll be amazed at how 9 am will be nothing and 8am will be hard but not impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea. I find no matter what I'm going to have a hard time, lol. Most days I don't get home from work until around 2:30am. So by the time I'm ready for bed it's about 3 in the morning. I'm going give it a try and maybe start out slow. Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete