Wednesday, June 27, 2012

So Much to Write About!

First level of OWL is adding 5 more carbs of veggies!
So many things have happened in the last 24 hours.  I don't even know which thing to focus on...  Today was weigh day and I lost another 3 lbs.!  That totals 9 pounds in two weeks.  I want to lose 56 pounds total, so if my math is correct that means I've made 16% of that goal! Wow!  Can I just say W-O-W!  That's amazing.  This is the first time I've done Induction correctly and cleanly for the entire 2 weeks.  In the past I had tried to continue with Induction for a longer period of time but I always got bored and fell of the wagon.  This time around I'm going actually move to the next phase of Atkins: OWL (Ongoing Weight Loss).  I will start adding more options to my daily food intake slowly.  I will be doing this in order to figure out what foods cause me to gain, or have cravings, etc.  Because I am adding more variety this will slow the weight loss.  I'm ok with that.  Of course I would like my weight to come off really fast but that doesn't teach me good habits.  I need more time to aquire a taste for vegetables and to make better choices.  This is a lifestyle not a quick fix.  It takes time for it to stick.  It took time to gain the weight, it's going to take time (and determination) to lose it.  I'm excited for the next phase!  I can't wait until I can start eating pistachios and berries and all kinds of other stuff!

Yesterday the darling family had chinese for dinner while I was at work.  Thankfully I was at work because I LOVE LOVE LOVE chinese.  But it is oh so not legal for me right now.  My darling Husband wasn't sure what I was allowed to eat so he ordered me my usual order of fried dumplings.  Oh how I love those dumplings!  I found them in the fridge and all I could say was "uh oh".  It was so sweet of him to think of me but boy was that a big temptation for me.  I fought the temptation though.  I'm the only one in the house that likes the dumplings so I knew I had to get them out of my house.  I didn't want to throw them away, what a waste.  So I gave them to a buddy of mine who also loves chinese.  I call that a win!  I resisted one of my favorite foods.  I might add the resisting was actually pretty easy.  I just didn't want them.  This is a wonderful sign that I am really starting to kick my food addictions!

Yesterday I bought a pair of $50 Dr. Scholl's thingies.  After wearing them for a day and taking my walk my feet have felt about 98% better!  I was able to take my walk without a lot of pain.  I did slow my pace though so as not to stress my feet out too much.  When I woke up this morning my feet had very minimal pain.  I'm pretty excited about this.  To me, $50 dollar Dr. Scholl's is so much better then the amounts of money I would spend on a co-pay and any hospital and/or doctor's bills.  Hopefully this continues and I won't have to go to the doctor's.

Tomorrow is another picture update! Eeek!  I hate doing them but it must be done!  Maybe once I get to my goal weight I'll make a video of my progress and post it on YouTube.  Then it will go viral, then I will be rich! haha!  Probably not but how cool would that be??  Stay tuned for tomorrow!  I hope I notice some difference after a 9 lb. loss in two weeks!

1 comment:

  1. I wish now I had made my prediction, when you lost that first six pounds. I thought, "Next week she'll lose three." That's just what I did. After that it was a pound or two a week to my goal.

    ReplyDelete