Saturday, June 2, 2012

Ruh Roh Raggy...!

Ruh Roh Raggy!!
I'm starting to notice I'm sliding down that slippery sloap...

I haven't been doing my workouts as vigorously as before.  I've taken some rest days to help heal my feet but the foot issue is now turning into an excuse to not workout.  I was waking up early to get stuff done.  Now I sleep as long as I can.  I was watching my portion sizes and choice of food.  Now I'm not...

It seems that my first month was a strong month, but now I'm starting to lose the fire.  The motivation is still there I just need to act on it.  I need to fix this before I stop everything completely.  I've made it far but if I continue down the road of laziness all my hard work will be undone.

I have a plan of action to combat the laziness and the bad choices.

First, I need to stick to my high impact workout one day, low impact the next day.  I do need to rest my feet though; they aren't fully healed.  So instead of doing nothing on the days that my feet need rest, I should lift weights while seated, and/or do Yoga.  So no matter what, I need to stay active.  I have to find some things that will keep me active even if I can't use my feet to their full strength.

Second,  I need to establish a new goal for myself everyday.  I need to wake up at a decent hour and workout first thing in the morning.  This will be beneficial for everybody in the house.  I will get more stuff done around the house and I will be in good spirits...exercise really boosts my mood!  What a great side effect :)

Thirdly,  I need to start eating correctly.  I already wrote about what eating lifestyle I want to do (Atkins).  Now I need to actually go shopping and stick to the decision I made.  Just because something is 100 calories doesn't mean it's good for you...  I've been eating a lot of those 100 calorie snacks they sell at the store.  Honestly though they have a lot of sugar and processed garbage in them.  I need to start eating fresh fresh fresh!  Get rid of the processed junk!

Finally, I need to act on everything that I've just said here.  My mind is still in the right place.  I haven't given up.  My body just needs to actually do what I'm thinking.  Mind over matter!  I can do this!  I need to refocus, recharge, and keep going forward!  I have been really feeling the benefits of this healthy lifestyle.  I don't want to go backwards.  It's up to me though.  I have to keep pushing myself forward.  The end results and benefits will be amazing.  Gotta re-focus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment