Monday, June 18, 2012

Gotta Get Back in the Game

As I updated my Workout Journal I noticed a pattern forming.  I am taking WAY too many rest days!  Grant it I started doing extra rest days because of my foot injury but come on now, 4-5 days in a row of not working out is unacceptable.  I am not completely without excuses.  They aren't the best excuses but it's what I got.  My work hired a new employee and I've been given the task to train said new guy.  This has been going on for about 2 weeks, and I have yet another 2 weeks until the new guy is done training.  I don't like to take my walks during my lunch break when I am training someone because I do not want to leave them hanging.  I just think it's better for me as his trainer to be present and show him a good example.  Not that taking my walks are not allowed, I just feel weird saying "ok I'm going to go take a walk go fend for yourself the next half hour"...I don't know if that makes sense but either way I have not been taking my beloved walks during my lunch breaks.  New guy will be done training in 2 weeks and I will be able to resume my walks!  Until then I need to find time to get a walk into my daily routine some other way.

I woke up this morning and didn't feel any pain in my left foot!  Better yet I have been able to put my full weight on my foot all day today and it doesn't hurt!  So I'm starting to think that my foot injury has heeled (haha get it?).  That's pretty exciting.  I haven't worn the expensive sneakers for quite some time now.  I've only worn my $20 Danskin Now Zumba shoes.  Methinks the expensive shoes are bad yet again.  I will be returning expensive shoes (again...).  I bought another set of Danskin Now shoes and have been very happy with them.  The Danskin don't have a lot of tread so they can be a little slippery but it's a lot less friction on my knees which is good.  Even though I haven't been taking my walks during my break, I'm pretty excited to start again and to hopefully have this heel injury gone.

I have not lost the desire to work out, that is definitely still there.  I get so frustrated when I sabotage myself by sleeping in or whatever keeps me from my workouts.  I hate not taking my walks.  I hate not waking up in time to workout for the day.  It is encouraging to know that I still have the desire and the passion to be active.  I need to act on it and return to having a rest day only once a week.  My eating has been great!  It's time to get back to my activity being great.  Put those two together and I will be unstoppable!

No comments:

Post a Comment