Friday, July 13, 2012

Jamboree in the Hills

Today I found out for the first time in 7 years I will be working Jamboree in the Hills all four days!  Jamboree in the Hills is a 4 day country music festival.  My company broadcasts this festival on local television.  Normally I am the in house person to make sure everything at work was smooth.  This year I will be on site.  I've never done this before, but that's not what I'm really worried about.  I don't know what I'm doing but I have a good teacher and I am eager to learn.  By the end of the weekend I will know this job like the back of my hand!

My real worry is how working this 4 day festival is going to affect my food choices.  I heard that I will be getting a food pass to the place that all the staff and musical guests get to eat.  I can only imagine what kind of food will be there!  I bet it's gonna be full of a ton of food that will look good but will be so against my rules.  I'm going to have the biggest test of my life!  I will be working early days, and these days will be long.  I will be tired and tempted so many times.  I will have to find all my strength to not give into these temptations.

Another challenge will be to make sure I am eating enough.  I cannot and will not eat the food that is not allowed but I do need to make sure I am eating.  It could become very dangerous if I don't eat.  I have a plan though.  It's not ideal but it's what I'm going to have to do to stay legal and to avoid making bad food choices and undo all the hard work and progress.  My plan is to stock up on Atkins bars, and nuts, and maybe some beef sticks.  I don't know if I will have anywhere to keep stuff cold.  If I do (which I'll find out about later this week) I will also have some Atkins shakes and of course veggies.  I really hope there is a place to keep my stuff cold.... 

This is going to be on heck of a week!  I am determined to stay on track.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Remember, before you bite into that elephant ear: it's not going to look any better on you than it did on the elephant.

    ReplyDelete