Saturday, July 7, 2012

Phew!

This last week has been interesting.  A lot of different tests were thrown at me.  Tests to see how strong I am.  Let me list them.

Wednesday was the Fourth of July.  I already mentioned that I had succeeded in not eating anything bad.  That night though our power went out.  It remained out for all of Thursday as well.  We had nothing to eat besides snack food.  All of our veggies had gone bad.  There was nothing for me to eat.  We needed to get out of the house because it was getting hot and the kids were restless.  We went to McDonald's to get something to eat and to cool off.  I ordered a chicken salad but it was DISGUSTING.  The bacon was so gross I couldn't even think of touching the rest of the salad.  The bacon was like little balls of greasy fat.  The word 'crispy' was nowhere to be found.  It was nasty.  So I settled for 2 hamburger patties with cheese.  Not very filling.  That night also had to work so all I had were a couple of Atkins bars to eat.  We didn't want to go to the store to buy anything because we had no way of keeping anything chilled.  So I had some Atkins bars for dinner.  Not exactly what I wanted because they aren't the best things to eat but it's better than nothing and a whole lot better than fast food.  Our power came back late Thursday night and we were able to go shopping and re-stock our food!  So my first major food crisis was a success.  Instead of taking the easy route or using the power outage as an excuse to eat bad food.  I stuck with my plan and ate other food that is allowed in emergencies.

Friday at work we had our monthly Employee of the Month Party.  I'm on the committee so I needed to help serve the big Chocolate and Vanilla cake.  That cake looked so good.  It comes from the local bakery and I can honestly say they make the best cakes in the world!  I did not eat any.  I did not cheat at all.  There were pieces of cake sitting in the break room for my entire 8 hour shift!  Every time I needed to use the restroom or get my lunch or take a walk or whatever I had to pass those pieces of cake.  I didn't even stop to smell it.  I just kept moving.  Eventually the pieces disappeared one by one (and not by me!!!).  Employee parties?  No problem!

Things are getting easier for me.  Saying no to food is easy.  Having to explain why I don't eat that popular food item (pizza, etc.) is getting easier as well.  I no longer care what people think when I say no to whatever they are offering.  I'm getting stronger.  My clothes are getting a little bit looser.  My mind is clear, my goal is in the distance.  I am focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment