Saturday, May 19, 2012

3 Weeks!!!!

What? Three weeks already?!?  I'm almost at the one month mark.  I can't believe it.  It's been a heck of a rollercoaster that's for sure.  Week 3 had it's ups and downs to say the least.  Monday was a heck of a day, but I was able to climb out of the funk and get back on track.  I learned a lot of things about myself this week.  It's amazing what can happen in such a short amount of time.  Here are some of the things I've learned:
  1. I am terrified of failing.  If I do not workout then I'm not going to feel right the whole day.
    • I'm tired of restarting this journey over and over and over.  This time I really and truly want to make this stick.  I will make this stick.  Not being able to workout one day out of the week and the emotional craziness that was a result shows that I need to make sure I stay active.
  2. I am no longer self-concious when I work out.  In the past I always felt so silly working out in front of him.  Now I don't feel like that at all.  Which is good because now he is no longer my excuse to avoid a workout!
    • I never used to workout if the Mr. was home.  I know when I workout it is not the most attractive vision.... Large woman shaking her stuff does not equal a pretty site.  So I always used the excuse that I wasn't going to workout because I didn't want him to see me.  I know it's silly but that's what I thought.  Now I don't care.  I workout no matter what.  He could be in the room while I use the television and it's no big deal.
  3. I am over eating any kind of fast food. 
    • It's gross and I don't miss it.  It's not worth eating that junk.  Same thing goes for anything other than water.  I just can't drink anything else.  It tastes so gross.
  4. My desire for success is huge.  There are moments when I think I don't want to work out but I have managed to surpress that everyday.
    • It's not just something I'm doing.  I can feel a difference in myself.  Not nessecarily visually but mentally for sure!  I'm not just going through the motions.  I have the urge to be active everyday. 
  5. I need to listen to my body.  Monday was proof that my body will let me know what I need to do to succeed.
    • As much as I want to make sure I workout everyday if my body says otherwise I need to listen.  The last thing I want is an injury.  I also don't want to get burnt out.  That's how I have never succeeded before because I either give up on eating right or I'm working out too much too fast, and my body fights back.
I was going to wait until the end of week 4 to reward myself but my reward was going to be new sneakers for my walks (and hopefully runs soon).  However, the sneakers I have are really bad and they're starting to hurt my feet pretty bad.  So Sunday I am going to go buy some new sneakers so I can stick to my walks without injury!  Week 3 was full of important things to learn about myself and now it's done, week 4 is about to begin.  I'm almost at the 1 month mark!  At 1 month I'm going to post a picture update (ew).  Wish me luck, here's hoping there are more ups than downs.  I can't believe it's going to be a month soon.  So far I believe that my original goal of working out everyday is really starting to become a habit!  I'm excited to see what's to come this week.  One month here I come!

2 comments:

  1. Why not get Mr. to work out with you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Could you imagine Mr. doing zumba? Not so much, haha.

    ReplyDelete