Saturday, May 5, 2012

It's been one week!

http://www.doitrightremodeling.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/peanuts-accomplishment.jpgBoom!  One whole week in the books!  I worked out everyday! Whaaaat?  I drank over 40 oz. of water a day! Whaaat?  I kept my portions controlled! Whaaat?

Today was the first day in a loooong time that I just wanted to workout.  Since today is day 7, technically it's my "rest day".  I actually had that roll through my head a couple of times today.  I didn't wake up early to workout before the kids woke up because "eh it's my rest day".  However, I spent the rest of the day just wanting to workout.  That voice that tells me to be lazy was completely shut out, I really really really needed to work out.  I didn't just want to, but I literally needed to workout.  I did Zumba Ripped (toning and sentao) and then I planned on taking about a 1.25 mile walk during my lunch break at work.  Unfortunately I couldn't take my walk because it was storming.  I didn't really want to get struck by lightning.  I was genuinely disappointed that I couldn't take my walk.  I still wish I could take it...stupid rain.

Ok, ok, ok.  I know this isn't that big of a deal but I do feel a great sense of accomplishment.  Now the key is what's to come.  Whenever I start a new regime to become healthier I almost always tend to start off very strong.  So one week down and I didn't cheat is awesome.  However I've got to keep my eye on the prize.  The weeks will get more challenging.  That voice will start to get louder again.  I need to make sure I shut it down!  I have got to stick to this.  I've heard that it takes 30 days to set a habit or to break one.  So one week down!  Three more to go!  I can do this!  Gotta stick to it

http://www.blogworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/determination.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment