Friday, May 11, 2012

Two Weeks!

It's been two weeks of solid workouts EVERYDAY!!!  This is awesome!  Time flies when you have a full-time job, a Mr., 3 kids, and somehow working out at least 1 hour a day.  Two more weeks and we're at the one month mark.  That's when you'll get an updated picture of me (gag).

I'm super stoked about reaching this two week mark but it comes with some difficulty as well.  I'm trying to not let myself get dragged down.  I personally haven't really any noticed any difference in me physically.  I am basing all my weight loss on size not weight.  I do not have a scale, and I don't want one.  When I have a scale I weight myself numerous times a day and become rather obsessed with the numbers.  I decided this time around I'll base it all on inches and how clothes fit.  Well, I haven't really noticed any clothes getting bigger on me or me getting small.  It's a little discouraging.  I know it's going to be a slow process but I can be very impatient.  I need to not let it get me down.  I need to constantly remind myself this is a long term lifetime goal, not a quick fix.

I made the commitment to this lifestyle change.  I decided at the very beginning that I would focus on creating the habit of exercise in my life first and foremost.  If you look at my food journal, my eating hasn't been stellar.  It hasn't been as bad as it used to be but it's still not great.  I know I need to work on my food selections and food amounts.  However, I did not want to burn myself out.  I am going to focus on getting active first.  I want to make a habit of being active for at least an hour day, everyday.  I want to get to the point where I want to workout, not just I need to or have to workout.  I'm definitely getting there.  If I don't work out, I've been getting the itch to workout.  I was going to workout everyday for a month straight and then once that is established I will focus on the eating better.

So yes, it's been two weeks.  Have I noticed a change in me weight wise? No.  Have I noticed a change in my mentality? Yes.  Do I have the desire to workout everyday? Getting there.  Do I have more energy? Yes!  Seems like a win to me.  I'm proud of what I've done so far.   Here's to the next week and what's to come!  High five!



No comments:

Post a Comment