Saturday, May 12, 2012

It's Never Too Late...

We lose our way,
We get back up again
It's never too late to get back up again,
One day you will shine again,
You may be knocked down,
But not out forever,
Lose our way,
We get back up again,
So get up, get up,
You gonna shine again,
Never too late to get back up again,
You may be knocked down,
But not out forever

Those, my friends, are wise words from Toby Mac.  I've been lost for a long time.  I've knocked myself down so many times.  I've been the cause of all of this.  I only have myself to blame.  I'm paying the price.  But it's time to get over it.  Time to move on, pick myself up, and move on. 

So we are on day 15.  Still going strong.  I'm making plans for bigger things.  For a while we were debating whether we should get a treadmill or an elipitcal.  The Mr. left it up to me to decide.  I decided on the treadmill.  I love the workout that I am currently doing: every other day Zumba and the in between days walking and yoga.  I kind of want to take it up a notch.  I want to start running again.  I've never liked running in general but I found a wonderful program called "Couch to 5k".  It's a 9 week program to help you train to run at least 3 miles.  I was doing the program about 2 years ago and I got 5 weeks into the program (which for me is amazing since I'm not a runner) but then I was blessed with another angel.  When I'm pregnant I tend to get very lazy and stop working out.  I was doing so well the last time I tried to become a runner.  I want to do it again.  So we will be getting a new treadmill soon, and I will start training. 

I know I don't need to wait to have a treadmill to start running.  I feel that it's best though.  It's very hard for me to find the time to run outside.  My Mr. works early in the morning and I work late at night.  It would not be healthy of me to wake up and try to get a run in before the Mr. goes to work.  Most days I don't get home from work until 2am, and the Mr. works as early as 6am.  This would mean I would roughly get 4 hours of sleep.  That is not healthy.  During the day I'm at home with the kids and running outside is unlikely.  Where we live is not a prime place to run outside with 3 children.  The street does not have any sidewalks and there can be a lot of traffic at times.  The traffic also tends to ignore the speed limit as well. So with that being said for the time being running indoors on a treadmill is the better option.

I've looked at a bunch of calendars for different 5k's around the area and unfortunately I'm pretty busy on the days that the big races are.  However, I did find a race that I think will be perfect for me; the 5th Annual Kelly Roggensack Memorial 5k Run.  This is a really good race.  It's at my alma mater and for a really good cause.  The race is scheduled for October 6th!  That's my goal.  I will be running in my first race ever on October 6th!  So stay tuned for updates.

It's never too late to start over again.  It's never too late to start a healthy lifestyle.  It's never too late to try something new.  It's never too late to become a better you.

No comments:

Post a Comment