Monday, May 28, 2012

One Month!!!

This is how I feel! haha!
Boom!  I hit the one month mark! I feel very accomplished.  I've done a lot in this first month.  I've learned to listen to my body to avoid serious injury.  I was not able to avoid injury entirely but at least it's not something serious.  I met Beto Perez, the creator of Zumba and I worked out with him...at least for part of it before the sun took over me.  I feel that I have gotten into the habit of working out everyday.  The last couple of days I haven't worked out because of my foot injury and I have felt sooo fidgety.  All I want to do is workout...take a walk, do some Zumba, anything!  I need to wait though.  I have to let my feet heal.

In this last month I stopped eating fast food and overly sugared foods and drinks.  I can no longer stand drinking anything other than water.  Even sugar-free lemonade tastes nasty to me.  I did have some fast food during this last month but it tasted awful and I felt gross after eating it.  I think that it was a good lesson learned though.  I will not be eating any fast food anytime soon.  I went to a cook out today and I brought cookies.  They looked really good last night when I bought them but when we had them out today at the cookout I had absolutely no desire to eat one.  Also Saturday night after the big Zumba Jam with Beto, my crew and I went out to eat.  One of the girls was celebrating her birthday and the restaurant gave her a big brownie and some ice cream.  I had one small bite of the brownie and I was done.  It was just way too sweet.  I think I've finally kicked my sugar tooth.

I posted a picture update (click here!).  I don't see a lot of difference.  I think there is a little difference but I don't know if it's because there is a difference or if I'm trying to convince myself that there is a difference.  I know I didn't loose a lot of weight this last month.  I kind of already planned on that.  I wanted to spend this month focusing on the mental part of this journey.  I needed to make sure I worked out everyday and changed my thinking about food and exercise.  I really do believe I've succeeded in the mental changes.

In the months to come I'm going to focus more on my food choices.  I've been very happy not being overly careful about my food because I haven't been feeling deprived.  However, I think it will be good for me.  Not only will it speed up the weight loss but it will help me make better decisions. There have been times during this last month I would eat potato chips or something to that effect because I told myself it didn't matter since I wasn't watching what I was eating.  If I become more focused on my eating then I would make better decisions.

All in all I believe that my first month has been successful.  I'm feeling more energized and more positive everyday.  The next step I need to take is to watch what I eat more closely.  I'm excited to see what the next month has to bring.  Hopefully some actual weight loss and visible physical changes.  That all depends on me.  I need to stay focused and keep working on it.  I need to watch what I eat, workout everyday, and stay positive! I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment