Sunday, May 27, 2012

BETOOOOOO!!!

My crew!
Saturday I had the privilege to go to a Zumba Jam with none other than the creator of Zumba, Beto Perez.  It was so much fun.  I went with an awesome group of gals.  Tricia Truax was the leader and she got to get up on stage and do 2 songs as well.  It was amazing to watch her, she has so much energy.  Beto was also awesome!  It was so much fun to watch him live.  I watch the DVD's numerous times a week.  Zumba has been in my life since 2006.  It was kind of surreal seeing him live.  It was kind of like seeing a  celebrity!  It was such an opportunity.

We got there kind of early to get a good spot and because our instructor needed to be there at a certain time to do her songs.  So we stood in the heat for quite a while.  I was really starting to feel the heat.  We were into the 3rd song with Beto when I really started to feel sick.  I had heard somewhere that dizziness and nausea are signs of heat stroke.  I don't know if that's true but I'm pretty sure I've heard that somewhere.  My left foot was starting to act up again as well.  My calves started to cramp which really leads me to believe my foot issue is caused by my Achilles being too tight....I need to STRETCH.  So I listened to my body and got some ice water and sat in the shade until I started to feel better.  I was bummed that I couldn't keep up.  I really wanted to but I feel that I made the better decision.  Injury and/or  heat stroke are not desirables that's for sure.  So I took a lot of pictures and drank water and got better.

My friend Shelby, Beto, and me

She's on the Exhilarate DVD!
I think if it wasn't so hot out and if we weren't standing in the heat for so long it wouldn't have been as bad.  Either way it was amazing.  Not only was Beto there but he brought a couple of gals with him that are also on the DVD's that I workout to every week.  That was pretty awesome to see them live as well.

It was a long but really fun day.  I did not do as well as I had hoped.  There were a lot of things working against me though.  The key is that I had fun.  My drive to succeed is still there.  My love of Zumba is still strong.  Hopefully next time Beto is in town or at least the next (if ever) I see him live, I will be much healthier and able to keep up.  I'll make him proud!


A small taste of what we did today.  Tricia (my instructor) is the one in the pink headband.  She was amazing and had a ton of energy even in the heat.  Oh yeah, and she just had a baby...She's flippin' amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment