Monday, May 14, 2012

Energized

I've been noticing a big change in me.  I've noticed more energy!  This is a wonderful thing.  I love having the energy to do things.  The kids wake me up in the morning and instead of wanting to just sit on the couch and do nothing, I'm raring to go.  This is so unusual for me.  I have always loved my sleep.  It's not as if I don't like sleeping anymore, it's that I don't need the sleep anymore.  The desire to just lie there and do nothing isn't the dominant choice.  I wake up refreshed and raring to go!  This is awesome.  My kids have noticed the change as well.  I'm pretty sure they love it.  Mom is able to give them better attention and be more active with them.

I've also noticed my skin has been clearing up.  I've been having random break outs on my face for a while now.  So far things have been calming down.  It think it definitely has to do with the lack of crap that I'm putting into my body and all the water that I consume.

My mindset in regards to food has changed as well.  Last night after work I had to stop at the store and boy was I hungry.  In the past I would buy some fast food meal, or some other kind of junk from the store, but I didn't buy a thing (outside of what I was at the store for, haha)!  Instead I bought gum and the random stuff on my list, headed home, and ate a couple pieces of cheese.  Oh yeah and I downed another 16 oz. of water...YUM!

Also, (and this I think is the biggest) I'm starting to get the itch to workout everyday.  For the last few days the urge or desire to get some kind of activity, movement, or workout done has been getting stronger and stronger.  Even on my "down days" I still have the urge to do something.  This is really pumping me up.  I'm not in the situation where I'm thinking to myself "ugh I have to workout, but I don't want to....", instead I'm thinking "hmmm...I have to be at work in 3 hours...I need to workout NOW".  This is a big deal for me.  I truly believe that it's starting to stick and that I'm really starting to enjoy being active everyday!  Yay!

This Mother's Day has been awesome.  My Mr. made me a wonderful breakfast, and he bought me an Ipod Nano to help with my workouts!  It comes with Nike+ to help monitor my progress in my workouts.  He knew how much my phone was aggravating my because it wasn't monitoring that stuff...  The kids were on their best behavior, which was awesome as well!  Also this is the first Mother's Day any of us have experienced where I woke up early and energized!  My Mother's Day gift to myself is energy.  Who needs caffeine?  Who needs those silly drinks?  Not me!  Give me some water and an active lifestyle and I'm good!

en·er·gy/ˈenərjē/

Noun:
  1. The strength and vitality required for sustained physical or mental activity.
  2. A feeling of possessing such strength and vitality.

1 comment:

  1. Happy mother's day! Since you have all this energy, I'm saving up a bunch of housework for you to do for me while you're here. Isn't that great?

    ReplyDelete