Friday, May 4, 2012

Discipline

"Discipline, NOT desire, 
determines your DESTINY."

How strong those words ring in my ears.  For many years I sat in sorrow of the way I had become.  I couldn't wear the cute outfits, I couldn't keep up with my kids, I didn't feel pretty, going to the beach was not fun, etc. etc. etc.  I sat in self-pity.  For too long have I wasted time on the want or the desire to be a better version of me.  I wanted to be thinner, I wanted to run 5ks, I wanted to wear that beautiful black dress, I wanted to not be the "DUFF" (designated ugly fat friend).  Want, want, want, want.  Where does that get me though?  It gets me a lot of wasted time.  Time I could have spent becoming the person I want to be.  All this time feeling sorry for myself, such a waste.  Had I not spent all this time on this self-pity I might be where I need and want to be.

It's so true that great discipline is required to succeed.  I could want for the rest of my life.  It's the discipline of sticking to the plan that will make it happen.  I need the discipline.  The discipline to not skip a workout.  The discipline to tough it through a difficult workout.  The discipline to not eat that donut, or fast food.  The discipline to make sure I drink water over soda pop, I could keep going and going.  DISCIPLINE! That is the key to success!

I need to repeat the saying written above constantly in my head.  I will not succeed without the discipline.  I will not succeed with just wanting to the end results.  I have to fight for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment