Thursday, May 24, 2012

Support

Here we are in 8th grade
I have a friend.  We go way back.  We went to school together for a couple of years and we were very close.  I considered her my bestie at the time.  After 8th grade she moved away.  We drifted apart.  It happens.  We were kids and this was before social networking and cell phones (way to age myself right?).  

Well, thanks to social networking (aka Facebook) we reconnected so many years later.  We had our own lives, we went to different colleges, we had husbands, we had kids.  Through Facebook we are able to rekindle that friendship that we had drifted from so long ago.  It's been awesome catching up and seeing where she is now.  She is a great mom who has beautiful children, and her husband sounds pretty awesome too.

The reason I bring her up is because she has her own blog: The Long Weigh Down. In this blog I discovered that she is going through the exact same struggles that I am currently dealing with. I'm not sure how much I weight honestly but I believe we're in the same ballpark.  I love reading her posts because it gives me so much support with my own struggles on this journey to a healthier me.  She has these struggles that I also face, and her solutions to these problems are exactly what I need.  She has also found a love for Zumba.  It's so much fun to read her posts to see how she is doing.  It is great encouragement to me to watch her succeed.  Watching her be successful in her journey makes me want to be successful in my own that much more.

Isn't she pretty?
I also know she reads my blog everyday.  That too is a great source of support.  It keeps me up to date with my blog.  I know at least one person reads it.  So I also feel I can't fail because I don't want to let her down.

It's amazing how much time has passed since we last saw each other.  Yet she is such a help to me.  She gives me so much support and drive to keep pushing.  It's almost like we're in this together.  I need to succeed for myself and for her.  Does that sound weird?  Probably.  Either way even though we live far apart and may not be as close as we used to be, she is very important to me.  She has helped me so much through this journey.  I look forward to reading her posts all the time.  I hope she gets as much from my blog as I do from hers.   Follow her blog, she is awesome!  Let's give her the support that she gives me!  Thanks you so much for helping feel I am not alone in this struggle.  You're awesome and your are doing so amazing! Keep it up and stay strong!

2 comments:

  1. Gah. The tears, they won't stop coming! I wish I had words to adequately express how much this means to me, and how happy I am to know you're in this with me too! I have had these same thoughts so many times as we both walk this journey. It's amazing how God brings people back together, isn't it? Thank you, my dear friend, for your support. It means more than I can say, and it's my privilege to walk this road with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I didn't mean to make you cry. I'm just glad you didn't kill me for posting those 8th grade pics, haha!

      Delete