Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Motivation

The definition of motivation is "the reason or reasons one has for acting or behaving a particular way; the general desire or willingness of someone to do something".  Everyone needs motivation in their lives.  Motivation to achieve whatever goal they have in mind.  It could be a homework assignment, a project at work, a home improvement project, or in my case to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle. 


We all have our days though when the motivation is not there.  Today I don't really feel like working out.  However it's not my "down" day.  I need to get an intense workout in.  I have to stick to it.  That voice in my head is loud today.  I got to bed late last night and I'm tired.  It's my day off and I don't feel like to doing anything.  It's been getting louder and louder as the day goes by.  My motivation is getting crushed... 


The key to this problem is finding something that will help bring that motivation to the forefront.  I have found a solution.  I googled "motivational songs" and I came across this amazing website (Motivational Songs) that lists a ton of songs that will surely motivate anyone!  Not only does it list the songs, but also whoever is in charge of the website writes a few motivational notes as well.  So I listened to about 8 different songs and boy am I fired up.  I can't wait to put this kids down for their nap so I can really break out my Zumba and get a really good workout. 


The motivation is always there.  It may not be as loud as I would want it to be to combat the bad habits and bad temptations.  What I have done today though is find a counter-attack.  There are so many songs that can fire me up.  Even though there are days I don't feel like working out, I listen to a song and voila my mind has changed.  Sure I may not want to do the workout but boy am I going to do the workout and prove myself wrong.  I can do this!  


Below is the song that really spoke to me today (link to lyrics and video).


("Stand" lyrics) <-- click here

No comments:

Post a Comment