Saturday, May 19, 2012

Gross

So we were out and about all day and we got hungry.....

We got some McDonald's.  Gross.  I got a cheeseburger and a small french fry.  Gross.  I got some lemonade to go along with it. Gross.

Gross

Why did I get this food?  Well the kids were extra super duper good today and so we decided to treat them.  We haven't eaten any fast food in a little over a month.  So it seemed a nice treat.  Plus we've been so busy today that we just didn't have time to cook.  They enjoyed it, I feel gross.

I'm not too upset with myself about it though.  I haven't had any fast food, or fried food for that matter, in a while.  I don't think it's too big of a deal.  I definitely don't plan on doing it again for a long time.  It's gross.  After eating it I felt so gross.  It's hard to describe it.  You go a month not eating any fast food and drinking only water then you put that stuff in your body and you just feel gross, pleh, blah, and any other random word you can think of to describe the feeling, haha.

Again since I'm not focusing too greatly on my eating I'm not that upset that I did it.  I feel I shouldn't have done it but it is what it is.  I won't do it again.  The food wasn't that good, and I felt so blah after it that it's just not worth it to do it again.  It's just another bit of proof or reassurment to me that this path I'm on is truly the best path to take.  I wish I didn't waste so many years eating that junk.  Fast food is so horrible for you.  It's ok to have it every now and again in very small doses but not the way that I used to eat the stuff.  I would eat it all the time, and guess what, so would my kids.  Yet another bad habit I need to break them off.

It starts with me.  When my kids see me being active, they are active.  When my kids see me eating properly, they eat properly.  When I'm eating and drink the correct food and drink the house isn't full of junk food.  When the house isn't full of junk food my kids want to eat fruits and veggies over candy and chips.  Out of site, out of mind.  I need fix myself.  I need to make these changes.  If I can teach them the best choices are the healthy and active choices when they're young then it will stick with them their whole life.  This life change is the best change for everyone.

<----- Doesn't that look yummy?? So refreshing and my only drink of choice these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment