Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Recharged

Whew boy!  It's been a week.  As I wrote before I had a rough day on Monday.  I was not in a good place mentally.  I didn't realize it until I tried working out and my body and mind would not agree with each other.  It upset me quite a bit.  I had a good long cry in the bathroom.  I haven't cried like that in a long time.  I cried because honestly I was scared.  I've tried this getting healthy thing sooo many times and my biggest downfall has always been if I stopped working out for 1 day then that was it.  That's right all it took was one day to get me off track.  This time around I'm trying so hard to stick to it.  I want it to stick so bad.  I knew that if I missed one day it would be an instant fall down that slippery slope of unhealthy habits.  I know crying like that was a bit over dramatic but hey every now and again a girl needs a good cry.

Tuesday was my "rest day".  I took a walk.  That's all I did and it was a very nice walk.  I walked to and from the school that my eldest will be going to in the fall.  My plan is to walk to and from school everyday with the kiddos.  It turned out to not be as hard as I thought it would be.  So I'm pretty excited about that.  Of course pushing a stroller with 3 kids will make it that much harder but doable.

Wednesday was back to my cardio.  I did Zumba ripped and it was awesome.  It was like a fresh start.  I kept up with it and I didn't take as many breaks as I usually needed to.  The beauty of Ripped is that right at the point you think you can't do anymore that take a tiny break.  The first part went so fast.  When I was doing Toning (the first part of workout)  I kept saying in my head "I'll just do the first half", but by the time the first half was done I didn't want to stop so I went ahead and did the second part (Sentao) of the workout.  I also walked a little over a mile during my lunch break at work.  Today was a good day.  I did all of my workout and I definately feel my body and mind are in a much better place.

It really was just a matter of taking a day off to recharge.  I didn't want to listen but my body told me otherwise.  It took my friends to point it out to me that I really needed to listen to my body.  I didn't listen and my body shut down.  Took a couple days to get back on track but I'm back and starting fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment