Monday, May 21, 2012

On the 7th Day He Rested

God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he
rested from all the work he had done in creation.
                                                                                        ~ Genesis 2:1

Based on what happened last Monday and my mental breakdown or breakthrough?? I've decided to make Sundays a real and true rest day.  I think I put too much pressure on myself to make sure I worked out every single day of the week.  So when I had that day where I physically couldn't finish my workout I really disappointed myself.  Letting myself get into such a mental state with myself can not be healthy.  Plus it really freaked out the family when I had my little breakdown.

There are some other reasons why I decided to turn Sunday into an actual rest day.  First of all it's really difficult to make sure you fit in Church, a 1 hour workout, and various other activities all before I have to be at work.  Secondly, myself and the Mr. work so much during the week that Sunday is really the only day we all have to spend a decent amount of time together before I have to go to work.  It's very frustrating to all of us if I take what little time we have together away so I can workout.  If I do workout on Sunday I'm the one who feels guilty.  None of the family makes me feel bad for wanting to workout, they are very supportive.   Either way Sunday is our Family day (at least before I go into work) and it's rough not being able to spend as much time as possible with the family because of working out.

So Sunday I did not workout intensely.  I took a nice 1 mile walk during my lunch break.  I felt that that would suffice.  I spent a lovely day with my family and then had a nice day at work.  Monday rolled around and I jumped right back into my intense workout with Zumba Toned.  It was an awesome workout.  I felt I took less breaks than usual.  I still struggled but I am happy with the effort that I put into it.  I think having a real rest day has definitely helped; I also think it will be very beneficial in the weeks to come.  So yeah I'm going to listen to God's advice and rest on the 7th day.  He does know what He's doing so it's pretty sound advice.  He rested on the 7th day after He created the world, I'm going to rest on the 7th day after trying to create a better me.  Lord give me strength.

2 comments:

  1. P90x has the seventh day as a rest day OR a stretch day (they have a one-hour stretch video). I never did the stretch...I rested. I also would like to point out that I didn't finish the p90x program. I got through week 6, then the craziness of the holidays hit and I ended up giving up. Next time, I will time it better and I WILL finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried P90x. It was good but honestly I need to make sure I'm mildly in shape first...Needless to say I didn't stick with it... I have a friend who lost a ton of weight doing P90x!

    ReplyDelete