Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I get by with a little help from my friends

Aw, I just got so teary reading this. I've felt those exact emotions before. You can do this!
My chiro talks a lot about the power the mind has over the body's ability to function smoothly.
We're you in a tough place mentally? 


That comment is from an old friend, who posted this on my Facebook wall after reading yesterday's blog post .  How wise is she?  I didn't even think about it the way she put it.  I had a really rough day yesterday and I took the fact that I couldn't complete my workout very hard.  I was so frustrated because my body literally could not do the workout.

When she mentioned that part her chyron told her about the mind and body not cooperating, it made perfect sense! I was not in a good place mentally at all yesterday when I attempted my workout.  I was struggling so hard to do the work out let alone finish it (which I didn't) that it drove me to tears.  That says a lot about where I was mentally.

It truly is amazing how "mind over matter" can really affect your everyday routine.  I went 16 straight days doing solid workouts.  I was in a good place every one of those days.  Day 17, not so much.  It was a rough day and my mind wasn't in the game.  When I gave up on my workout it made my mindset even worse.

Also, I received a phone call from my best friend after she read my blog post as well.  She is an awesome nurse and knows what she's talking about.  She gave me wonderful words of encouragement and suggested that my body was telling me I needed to rest.  So I took her advice and went to bed early.  Also today was my "rest day", which means I'm going to go walk a mile and that's about it.

So I cleansed my mind of all the negativity.  I got some rest.  I'm starting over.  Here we go!


1 comment:

  1. Great post! It's amazing what the mind can influence.y head hasn't been in a great place either, which then makes me understand why my motivation has been so low. Like everything else, this too shall pass. :)

    ReplyDelete