Sunday, May 6, 2012

Rough Days

We all have them.  Rough days at work, at home, with personal stuff, etc.  Generally bad days.  How do we all handle bad days?  I handled them in an unhealthy way.  Until now!

Normally if I have an overly stressful day at work I would come home have a beer or a  glass of wine and a lot of food.  It could be fast food, it could be ice cream, it could be whatever is in the house and it would be a lot of food.  If I had an overly stressful day at home I would not only go out and get a bunch of fast good for myself, I would include my children in my escapade.... I am teaching them TERRIBLE habits.

This particular Saturday was different.  I had a rough day at work to say the least and the icing on the cake was that I discovered my headphones had broken.  Just all in all not a good day until I decided to turn it around.  Instead of my usual antics of bad eating I took a walk.  I listened to music and took a walk.  It was the BEST WALK EVER! It took all of my stress from work to a minimum and instead of filling my body full of crap I took a walk and helped get rid of the crap.

When I got home after work instead of cracking open a beer I did some yoga.  The yoga was amazing.  It was so relaxing, my bad day literally melted away.

I think I've found my new outlet.  This is quite a success!  I will break my bad habit of emotional eating, and I will not allow my children to pick up my bad eating habits.  Whenever I'm stressed or upset I will take a walk, or do some yoga.  I will get active instead of sitting and filling my body full of horrible things.  

Rough days.  We all have them.  What matters is how we cope with them.  I choose being active.

No comments:

Post a Comment